Posts in the craft vapery category
Happy birthday to us! CRAFT VAPERY is officially two years old!
We would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to each and every member of our CRAFT Family who has taken this journey with us!
We plan to celebrate with you all the way into January, when we will be unveiling many of the great projects we’ve been working on! Stay tuned for more information about some exciting things to come.
Here is just a small list of some of the amazing things we are really proud of in our second year:
- Introducing CRAFT VAPERY Certifiably Vapable Liquids to the world! We have been working on our very own line of e-juice, including It’s Toast, Cornbread, and Sticky Rice since day one, and this year we finally got to show you what we’re made of!
- Launching The VAPE CAST, CRAFT VAPERY’s very own podcast featuring incredible brands, talented e-juice makers, and influencers all throughout the industry. You can watch The VAPE CAST on YouTube, iTunes, and ShoutEngine!
- Creating our online community, WE ARE CRAFT VAPERS, to give vapers everywhere a place to come together and chat about vaping, e-juice, hardware, trends, and anything else on their minds! We’re almost at 4,000 members – join us today on Facebook!
- Establishing CRAFT Society, where you can get all of the perks of a CRAFT VAPERY Subscription, like member pricing in the CRAFT Shop and exclusive access to new products, without the monthly boxes and fees.
We could not have made it this far without each and every one of you, so again we would like to say a huge THANKS to our CRAFT Family!
*Items on sale in the CRAFT Shop are excluded from the 25% off promo code.
In this episode of The VAPE CAST, Josh and Meriwether sit down with Amber Meyer from Apothecar-E Distribution to discuss international vaping and how the industry has grown to be a global force to be reckoned with.
Josh, Meriwether, and Amber discuss the current state of international and domestic vaping laws. Amber gives Josh and Meriwether a lesson on the Canadian market, which is where Amber is from. They then go on to draw comparisons between the Canadian market and the market here in the United States. The trio discuss what it takes to be successful in vaping today, including packaging, marketing, and how much time you have to put in to make your brand successful. They wrap it up with a discussion about advocacy in vaping and why it’s so important.
Giveaway: One lucky listener will win a massive supply of e-liquid from Teleos, including the full line of Breakfast at Teleos, Remix, Teleos Core, and Cloud Science, as well as a Swarovski crystal mod from Emperor Vap’east! Another lucky listener will win one free month of CRAFT VAPERY! Make sure to comment on this post to be eligible to win.
Listen and subscribe at the links below!
Craft Vapery Eliquids
Craft Vapery is an E-Liquid subscription service and online hardware retailer based out of Beverly Hills, California. Founded by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs, with an unrelenting passion for vaping and extensive industry experience, they set out to found an innovative company that catered to vaper’s needs, offering a one stop online shop selling a monthly juice subscription service, hardware and now their very own unique line of juice- Craft Vapery E-Liquids.
Craft Vapery E-Liquids offer a small and artisan line of e-liquids, with flavour profiles unlike any others available to date. The three juices they currently offer lend a nod to dessert liquids, but these juices could very well appeal to anyone. Sticky Rice offers a twist on a popular Thai recipe, It’s Toast! offers you a vapable version of Jam on Wholemeal Toast and Cornbread is based on a classic American recipe in liquid form. All of the Craft Vapery juices are blended to a ratio of 60VG 40PG, are produced in a sterile environment and are rigorously tested to ensure they are diacetyl free. They are currently available in nicotine free, 3mg, 6mg and 12mg nicotine strengths.
The flavour profiles are certainly out of the ordinary, the main question is do these quirky blends translate to a delicious e-liquid? I’ve got my Snapdragon RDA built at 0.5ohm with a dual coil, wicked up and ready to find out!
Inspired by the traditional Thai dessert and designed to quench the burning wanderlust in all of our souls, this sweet creation is the definition of exotic. Experience sticky rice and ripe mangos effortlessly blended with the essence of creamy coconut milk; one taste and you’ll be instantly transported to the journey of a lifetime.
Now you may get put off by the ‘rice’. Don’t be- I can only detect the merest rice on the exhale in this anyway, and it complements the vape perfectly, believe me! It’s a gorgeous sweet mango with creamy coconut milk undertones, the mango flavouring reminiscent of a Solero ice lolly, with the creamy coconut milk coming in on the aftertaste adding an even more exotic twist to the mango, and carrying you to a far off beach on Koh Samui. Absolutely stunning stuff.
Revisit simpler days with this timeless breakfast staple. Fresh, nutty, whole grain bread toasted to perfection and coated with a layer of very berry jam, perfect for an early morning rise, a late night treat, and everything in between. Take a bite, hear that satisfying crunch, and feel the jam melt on your tongue. This is the flavour you didn’t even know you were waiting for.
It’s Toast is…you guessed it – a toast based vape. At this point you might be scratching your head wondering how the breakfast staple of many of us can work as a vape, but it does! And it’s actually the first thing that lands on your tastebuds, true to form wholegrain toast followed up with a healthy dollop of sweet berry jam on the exhale. It works so incredibly well and proves that toast can be enjoyed any time of day.
Classic, quintessential, and wholesome, this is a good ol’ fashioned, freshly baked cornbread topped with rich honey butter and injected with a dose of the American Dream. Picture picnic tables, bonfires, and Fourth of July fireworks bursting across the summer sky: this is the good life, plain and simple. Have a taste.
Buttery, honey laced, with a wholesome baked edge to it, Cornbread is an American staple delicacy and I’m sure it will now be many a vapers delicacy too. You’ll experience a huge dollop of honey on the inhale carried by a buttery blanket of goodness, rounded off with a delicious baked edge. Fourth of July fireworks? This was setting off fireworks in my mouth on the 14th December…
Absolutely wonderous liquids from the Craft Vapery team, these juices are truly magical creations. If you fancy having your tastebuds completely turned on their heads then look no further, because the Craft Vapery line will do it and then some!
I’ve got to add how smooth and cloudy these juices are, even for a 60/40 blend, the cloud production will make you think you are vaping 80/20 juice and the ratio just helps nail down these truly exceptional flavour profiles. Craft Vapery will flip your tastebuds on their heads and take you on a magical journey quite unlike anything you are used to, you owe it to yourself to treat your tastebuds to the delights served up by the geniuses at Craft Vapery!
Craft Vapery liquids are available in the UK through www.vapour.co.uk, where you can get 10% off anything on site using POTV as a discount code!
CRAFT VAPERY is headed to the White House to help represent the vaping industry to The Office of Management and Budget in advance of its decision on recently proposed FDA regulations.
CRAFT VAPERY believes that The Office of Management and Budget has not heard the full story, and we need your help to tell them our side.
CRAFT VAPERY wants The Office of Management and Budget to hear from YOU, the consumer, about how the FDA’s proposed regulations would harm your access to vaping.
Your testimonials will become public record and will be left at the White House to tell lawmakers why access to vaping matters to you. This is your chance to be heard in a way that will matter.
We are looking for testimonials from customers on the following points:
- How vaping has improved your life (as compared to when you were smoking).
- How CRAFT VAPERY has made access to and education about vaping more accessible.
- How buying online is critical to you in order to continue vaping and avoid combustible tobacco products.
Please visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/vapingtestimonials to submit your testimonials. If you would like, please feel free to share the testimonial link or this blog post with your vaping community to help us spread the word!
CRAFT VAPERY would like to thank Ryan Fiore at Velocivaper for the following review of Sticky Rice!
Sticky Rice by Craft Vapery
Sticky Rice by Craft Vapery is the second from their line that I’ve reviewed, followed by It’s Toast!. Craft Vapery describes Sticky Rice as “Inspired by the traditional Thai dessert and designed to quench the burning wanderlust in all of our souls, this sweet creation is the definition of exotic. Experience sticky rice and ripe mangos effortlessly blended with the essence of creamy coconut milk; one taste and you’ll be instantly transported to the journey of a lifetime.” It’s a 60/40 VG/PG e-liquid that does well in both a dripper and a tank.
Sticky Rice is another e-liquid by Craft Vapery that combines a very unique flavor profile which ends up really working together. On the inhale you get a delicious primarily tart mango flavor. The exhale follows with a stronger, however still fairly mellow, tart mango with the addition of a rice like taste, and a very light coconut milk background flavor. At a lower wattage of around 30 watts I get more of the mango flavor, primarily on the inhale. When you increase the wattage to around 40 to 45 watts it really brings out more of the mango/rice combination with a very slight coconut milk taste. Over all Sticky Rice by Craft Vapery is another very interesting and delicious e-liquid that they’ve created. There are extremely few e-liquids that I would classify as “Savory” that I actually enjoyed, Sticky Rice is definitely one of them. The use of mango as the primary flavor was a good choice by Craft Vapery. Mangos are one of the few fruits that can be less on the sweet side, and still be extremely enjoyable. I’d recommend Sticky Rice out to any of you fruit lovers out there, just don’t expect a super sweet in your face e-liquid. Sticky Rice is easily an all day vape that is unique enough to keep you coming back for more.
Vaped on my SnowWolf Mini 75W, SQuape R[s] using the B-Deck, with a single fused Clapton coil in at .26 ohms at 45 watts.
If you’d like to purchase Sticky Rice by Craft Vapery you can pick it up directly from them over at Craft Vapery.
Again, a huge thanks to Ryan Fiore at Velocivaper for reviewing Sticky Rice!
In this episode of The VAPE CAST, Josh sits down with Ray “Thumper” Parker to discuss Thumper’s extensive experience in the vape industry, from his time at Saveurvape (best known for The Standard and The Originals), Marina Vape (best known for Alpha Vapes), and his latest project, Taffy Man (winner of Best in Show: Candy at The Vape Summit IV in Houston).
Josh and Thumper discuss his role in the formation of the vape industry as we know it today. As a fixture in our SoCal vaping community, Thumper has been around for a long time and has seen the industry mature. Josh and Ray discuss how he got the nickname Thumper, his record on the striker machine, and what he thinks it takes to achieve success in the vape industry. Ray also talks about both of his e-juice lines, including Cloud Stout, which debuted at Vape Summit III, and Taffy Man.
Giveaway: One lucky listener will win the entire line of both Cloud Stout and Taffy Man in 30ml bottles in the nic strength of their choice! Another lucky listener will win one free month of CRAFT VAPERY! Make sure to comment on this post to be eligible to win.
Listen and subscribe at the links below!
Craft Vapery Review
Expert Rating: 4.3/5
Price: $19.99 – $61.99
- Great prices – 8 bottles (at least 120 ml) of e-liquid for $61.99.
- A fantastic selection of juice brands on offer, including many big names.
- Well-presented boxes, with little extras thrown in too.
- An intuitive, simple and detailed flavor preferences quiz.
- Excellent flavor selection: the boxes are hand-curated, and it shows.
- Five nicotine levels: 0, 3, 6, 12 and 18 mg/ml.
- An option for high-VG juices.
- International shipping is available.
- Hardware can be added to your box too.
- Cancel anytime.
- Domestic shipping is $5 – some other services throw it for free.
- Some other services are cheaper.
Craft Vapery Review
In a way, deciding on an e-juice subscription service is even harder than directly choosing some e-liquid. Whereas you can make decision based on the flavors offered when you’re buying juice direct, for a subscription service, the “product” is really how good the curators are at choosing e-juice that suits your tastes, and for that reading reviews is more crucial than ever. The benefit is that if you choose an awesome e-juice subscription service, you’ll have a constant supply of new and interesting juices delivered to your door each month, but finding one that can actually accomplish that is another matter.
Craft Vapery is a California-based e-juice subscription company that aims to do just that, boasting the most personalized vaping experience in the industry, as well as still offering cost savings in comparison to buying the juices direct. But anyone can claim to offer the best e-juice subscription service. The question is: does Craft Vapery have a good enough service to justify the hype?
We’ve put the service to the test in our Craft Vapery review to find out.
How it Works:
Craft Vapery works in the same basic way as all subscription services: you tell them what you like and choose how much juice you want each month, and then start receiving your boxes.
You have the option six different subscription levels: two 15 ml bottles for $19.99, three for $28.99, four for $36.99, five for $43.99, six for $49.99 and $61.99 for eight, with the number of bottles being a minimum amount. You can also add extras onto your subscription, including an eGo One starter kit (a one-off addition) or a regular supply of coils and/or Native Cotton wick. You can also pay up-front for several months to receive a discount.
Your flavor preferences are established through two questions addressing the flavors you love and the flavors you want to avoid, with a big selection of flavors to choose from – for example, it isn’t just “fruits,” it’s “tree fruits,” “tropical fruits,” “berries” and “citrus.” You either put a “yum” or a “yuck” next to each of these flavors (with likes and dislikes being covered on separate pages), and you have the option to write additional notes in for the curator to offer more detail on the flavors you like.
For example, one of the options is “floral and spices,” which didn’t work for me because I like spices but not floral flavors, so I clarified my preferences rather than having to either choose “yum” or “yuck” for the whole category. You also get a choice of five nicotine levels – 0, 3, 6, 12 and 18 mg/ml – and the option to say you prefer high-VG juices.
When you sign up, the payment is taken – along with $4.99 for domestic shipping – and your box is shipped out within one working day, and they do offer international shipping wherever it’s allowed by law. The payment (and delivery) stays around the same time each month, and you can cancel at any time.
Craft Vapery has an impressive selection of e-juices, from brands such as Beard Vape Co, CRFT, Cuttwood, Halcyon Vapors, Kilo, Lost Art, Ripe Vapes, Tasty Cloud, Velvet Cloud, P.O.E.T and many others.
The Box: What You Get
Each Craft Vapery package comes in a blue, branded box, with a foam insert lining the box to protect your juices in transit. The foam packaging has a removable rectangular top piece, with a sample of cotton wick, some little cards with information about each e-juice, a Craft Vapery branded juice cloth (like a handkerchief for e-liquid) and a few stickers greeting you as you open the box. Your juices sit underneath the foam lid, and you also get a couple of needle-topped plastic bottles in there too.
Everything about the experience contributes to a kind of giddy excitement like you’re opening a Christmas present. They even give you a small bag of Skittles with your box. Little things like that really help to make the experience enjoyable. Overall, they did a fantastic job on the presentation front, and it makes you feel like you’re getting great value for money.
The Flavors – How Was the Curation?
The most important thing, however, is whether or not Craft Vapery’s flavor selection process is as good as they claim. I went through the process, telling them what I like (baked goods, creams, custards and vanillas, spices, coffee, nuts, chocolates, candy, exotic fruits, tree fruits and berries) and what I don’t (teas, floral, tobaccos and cigarettes), and received an 8-bottle box in my first month. So, did the curation live up to my expectations? Here’s a run-down of what I got in my first box.
- Metatron by Sacred Enlightened E-Liquid: This is a berries, sweet oats and milk e-liquid that came in a fancy triangular box. The flavor is right in line with my preferences, and the taste definitely lives up to the description: it’s a light, sweet, creamy e-liquid with hints of oats and blueberry overtones. A good pick for my tastes, although it isn’t a favorite purely because I can never get too excited about blueberry juices (but they didn’t know that).
- Indian Giver by Traditional Juice Co.: This is a deep fried ice cream e-liquid, topped off with powdered sugar. In real life, I’d feel like deep-frying ice cream was excessive, to say the least, but as an e-juice, even writing that makes my mouth water. It’s as amazing as it sounds: devilishly sweet, but still gentle enough in flavor to make it an all-day vape for me. A fantastic pick from Craft Vapery – I had to hold myself back from draining the whole bottle before writing the review.
- Gravy Train by Clancy’s: This is a mix of cream, vanilla, hazelnut and caramel, with the description again ticking a lot of boxes for me. The juice is another great choice: it has the richness of the cream and the sweetness of the caramel underpinning the whole thing, topped off with delicious and well-captured hazelnut and vanilla. This is definitely another one that hits the spot for me.
- Monkey Snack by Ripe Vapes: This is a peanut butter and banana e-liquid, boasting a rich, creamy flavor and again hitting on my flavor preferences very well. The juice accomplishes what it sets out to, with the two components being equally balanced in the mix and enveloped in a delicious, creamy backing. Another great choice for my tastes from Craft Vapery.
- King Kong by Majestic E-Juice: This is a banana crème brulee e-liquid, again being a pretty good match for my tastes. The flavor is executed beautifully, rich with cream throughout and with a nice touch of authentic-tasting banana on the inhale. This is an all-day vape for me, with two delicious flavors that have been balanced perfectly, and another brilliant pick from Craft.
- Knight by King’s Culture: This is a strawberry and banana, “Starburst” flavored e-liquid, with a candy twist on a fruity juice. The execution here leaves a little to be desired for me, though, with a definite hint of the authentic fruits but the whole thing being overlaid with a kind of perfumey, chemical taste – assumedly meant to be the candy – that really ruins it for me. Not a bad pick, necessarily, but definitely my least favorite in the box.
- Sweet Mango by True Flavors: A self-explanatory flavor, and the mango is pretty well-replicated, with the sweetness backing the flavor up throughout. Although it’s pleasant, it doesn’t really make for the most exciting flavor in the world, but it fits right in with my stated preferences – tropical fruit and sweet stuff – so it’s another solid choice.
- The Shrine by the Originals: This is a cinnamon e-liquid with a buttery glaze, described as a “cinnabon in vape form.” Although there’s a lot of competition for this title, this could well be my favorite juice from the box, with a well-captured cinnamon softened by just the right amount of sweetness. I particularly appreciate this choice because one the optional notes I left was that I love cinnamon bun juices, and Craft Vapery delivered.
- Extras: As well as the juices, my box included a small sample of Native Wicks’ premium vaping cotton, two plastic bottles with needle tops and a nice Craft Vapery cloth. The cotton is brilliant – with a clean taste and great wicking – the bottles are obviously useful, and the cloth, despite sounding like the worst extra, is so handy it makes me wonder why I’d never gotten anything like this before.
With only one juice I wasn’t too impressed with out of eight, Craft Vapery did a fantastic job with the curation. Even the disappointing flavor was a good choice based on my preferences, and all of the others were both in-line with my preferences and executed well. The fact that they included the cinnamon roll juice is a testament to the fact that they really do offer a personalized experience, and they do pay attention to the extra little notes you leave alongside your preferences.
Overall both in presentation and juice selection, Craft Vapery does an excellent job, and easily ranks as one of my favorite services from all of those covered in the Battle of the Boxes post.
Month Two – 5 More Bottles
As a bonus, Craft Vapery signed me up for a few additional months of five-bottle boxes so I could get a feel for the service over time for this review, and I’ll be updating it in the coming months with a brief overview of the subsequent boxes.
The second box included Unicorn Milk by Cuttwood, Dirty Strawberry by Broken Bottle, Number 88 by Beard Vape Co., Sunset Orange by TSL Flavors and Revenge of the Geeks by Teardrip.
To avoid excessive detail: Unicorn Milk is awesome, Dirty Strawberry is a uniquely delicious peanut butter and jelly juice, Number 88 is an impressively authentic chocolate and mint blend, Revenge of the Geeks is a Nerds-flavored candy juice and Sunset Orange is a citrusy option.
All of the juices in the second month’s box were excellent, and although I’d put Number 88 as my favorite, Craft Vapery maintained the quality in their selections much like the first month.
Craft Vapery is a top-quality subscription service, with excellent juice choices overall, beautiful presentation and a generally positive experience all-round. The price is about mid-range – at least in comparison to the other included in the Battle of the Boxes post – and for the quality of the juices you get, it’s definitely worth the money. There’s very little to complain about with Craft Vapery, and since complaining is a key part of a reviewer’s job, that’s pretty high praise – it may not have been perfect, but the one juice I didn’t enjoy definitely sounded good on paper, so it’s hard to be too disappointed. At the time of writing this, I have two boxes still to come, and I’m genuinely looking forward to them.