With little over a month left before the election, it’s time for us to remind all California residents to vote NO on Prop 56 in this coming election.
On the surface, Prop 56 appears to raise cigarette taxes by $2. While we are all for increased taxes on tobacco products, this would also levy an unjustified 65% wholesale tax on vapor products. That means that a $20 bottle of E-Liquid could cost $34 or more before sales tax!
Even worse, Prop 56 takes the money and diverts it largely to insurance companies who have to do nothing for the money. More than 80% of the revenue created by this tax goers directly into the pockets of greedy insurance companies and does nothing to improve the lives of smokers or Californians.
We’re trying to reach out to every California vaper to ask the following:
- Register to vote – The deadline to register online is October 24th!
- Vote No on Prop 56
- Tell every non-vaper that you know to also vote No on 56!
Prop 56 isn’t just bad for vapers and smokers, it’s bad for California:
- Insurance companies will receive 82% (over 1 billion) and not have to take on any new patients!
- $147 million goes to administrative costs and expenses with ZERO accountability!!
- Only 13% goes to tobacco prevention, cessation and education programs!!!
- Prop 56 circumvents the CA constitution to rob our education system of $600M!!!
We are asking that you take the pledge, “I Vape, I Vote” this November 8th and vote NO on Prop 56.